The Green Team program employs youth ages 14-18, in environmental improvement and community development projects which focus on green infrastructure, environmental education, community beautification, job skills and life skills. The Green Team students learn:
- Life and work force skills which empowers and prepares them for future employment opportunities via career mentoring, public speaking and goal setting.
- Environmental restoration and remediation through helping them understand complex issues surrounding blight while engaging them in community redevelopment activities such as plant cultivation, landscape maintenance and community cleanup activities.
- Enhance their STEM skills by conducting soil and water quality testing, GIS mapping, and completing science based projects.
- Landscape Contracting and Maintenance:
- Native Plant Cultivation
- Environmental Restoration and Remediation
- Life and work force skills
- Career Mentoring
- Community Research and Mapping
- Soil and Water Quality Testing
- Building and Tool Safety
- Environmental Conservation at National Park Service sites